Mobility 2013: Trying to Make Sense of the Chaos
Every day there are multiple headlines focused on mobility, BYOD, security concerns, mCommerce, the newest and latest devices and how they will simplify our lives. Mobility is the fastest growing market / industry that we have ever seen and it is not showing any signs of slowing.
Chuck Serapilio, SVP of Business Development for OVATION Wireless Management, discussed the State of Mobility in his presentation to municipalities and IT leaders at the SEATOA 2013 Conference March 21st and 22nd at the Omni Charlotte.
Highlights of the presentation were:
- A Brief look back at the last 10 years in Mobility
- The Current State of Mobility and Trends in the Enterprise
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) “ why is it important as a component for your mobility management practices
- Bring Your Own Device (or Disaster) BYOD- what it means for your organization and pit falls to avoid
- Security Issues many organizations may face and how to recognize potential security threats to your environment due to exploding apps, Social Media and other mobility trends
- Data Consumption- a closer look at how data consumption has changed. Is your organization prepared to handle the surging costs? Tips and tricks to use to stabilize this exploding area in mobility.
- Future Mobility Outlook “ Best Practices for your organization