5 Reasons to Outsource Mobility Management
As enterprises face challenges with managing their increasingly complicated mobile device policies and implementations, they have two options – scale their IT departments and tech resources to meet the growing challenge or outsource their mobility management to a third party.
While there are reasons companies may want to keep their mobility management in-house, in the end, it is more cost-effective and strategically sound to outsource to a third-party expert.
1. Supplement your IT staff Mobility management is likely not an existing core competency of your IT staff, while a third party has industry expertise with knowledge of best practices and navigating wireless carriers. Mobility management is so much more than the management of the hardware and software associated with wireless devices. It includes tasks like provisioning devices, services and features, reclaiming and recycling end-of-life devices, end-user support, rate plan optimization, expense allocation and consumption reporting, financial analysis, and carrier relations.
By taking this task off the plate of your IT team, this frees up their time to focus on more strategic tasks and an increase in productivity. Plugging the knowledge gaps of your IT team allows them to prioritize work that is within their wheelhouse of expertise.
2. Cost savings In addition to the strategic benefits of a mobility management company managing your devices, there are financial benefits as well.
Any fees that a mobility management company may charge are covered by savings and cost avoidance through improved mobility strategy. These incremental savings over time are highly valuable. For example, if a large enterprise spends $1 million annually on wireless, every incremental 1% in savings equals $10,000 back in the pocket of the company.
Having insight to previously hidden expenses is another benefit of an expert mobility team. You may not have dug deep into your carrier contracts and billing before bringing in the experts – with a mobility management company handling your wireless, you’ll have visibility to key costs and savings, as well as how your employees are using their devices.
3. Industry expertise When industry experts handle your mobility management, they have access to industry best-in-class rates, features, and discounts for your company, along with a deep understanding of wireless carriers’ processes and how to get the best results.
High service levels guarantee improved performance which translate to efficiency and employee experience.
4. Employee productivity Today, many connective devices are mission critical to an employee’s productivity. When a mobility management company handles your enterprise devices, your team is more likely to have the most cost-effective devices, software, and plans. Proactive device upgrades and 24x7x365 support will minimize outage disruptions allowing employees to focus on the work that matters, rather than troubleshooting out-of-date or out-of-compliance devices.
If any issues do arise, mobility management companies have dedicated wireless savvy help desk resources to resolve your team’s issues as quickly as possible, so they experience minimal downtime. These dedicated resources further supplement the team of experts at your disposal.
5. Security and compliance A key corporate responsibility in recent years is device and data security. Ensuring your employee and customer data and devices are secure is paramount to your enterprise mobility program’s success. Mobility management companies are experts in the latest mobile security practices and will ensure your corporate liable devices are in line with policy requirements.
This includes not only the hardware of wireless devices, but the apps and software that are installed on the device as well.
A mobility management company will help your team develop and implement a mobility security policy to protect your employees and their devices that is in line with the latest industry benchmarks and requirements.
Since 2002, OVATION Wireless has been providing our hands-on Managed Mobility Services to enterprising globally. Our knowledge and experience can be configured to align with your needs that ensure a successful mobility program delivering cost effective and highly efficient oversight to deploying and managing your wireless devices and costs. Contact OVATION Wireless to discuss how we can support your connected devices.